Sunday 27 January 2019

Changes to the AD lit list

I was talking to my husband a couple of days ago and he asked when I was going to do the Volsung saga and the Edda. In response to this I had a look through my list and realised they weren't even on it. Then today he asked if Augustine's The City of God, I told him I was leaving the church fathers of Christianity for a separate list. He informs me that The City of God is a vital link in the development of the novel, so I may have to rethink that decision. Maybe I'll add just the City of God to this list and leave the rest of his works for a church fathers list.
The other thing this has made me think about is whether I need a separate list for the holy books of world religions or whether I should be folding them into this list. Folding them in would require quite a rewrite of the list. Not sure that is worth the trouble when I can just put together a separate list later. Of course this won't effect the BC list as they are already integrate because it is not a typed list, its a list of everything BC.

So that means I have 3 books to add to the AD lit. list and a lot more research to do to make sure there are not other additions needed.
Also I found that I can't get two of Dante's works in English so I'll have to take them off the list so that balances things up a little bit.

Look out for an updated version of the AD lit. list in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer content to be just a science major

Beginnings This all started in 2014 when, in a fit of frustration at my lack of knowledge, understanding and general grasp of western cultu...